Rubber Wristbands are important in charity and fundraising events because they are affordable making it easier for people to contribute to these events. Because most charities are non-profit organizations, majority of them depend on donations and fundraising activities to collect money. Using rubber wristbands as a tool to promote the cause bring a lot of aid to organizations. By wearing the rubber bracelets that are sold in these events, people can contribute to the funding while also promoting awareness through the org logo and slogan on their bracelets.
Different colors are used by different charities to promote their mission and maintain recall. The most famous charity wristband is Lance Armstrong’s “Live Strong” yellow wristband which he produced in collaboration with Nike to gather support for his cancer research program. There are other charities and groups that use their trademark colored wristbands to promote and raise awareness regarding their cause.
- Breast Cancer Wristband. These pink wristbands are used to support programs and breast cancer research. Breast cancer is a common case of cancer to a lot women, and even to men. These rubber wristbands can be bought individually and is a good way to contribute to the breast cancer research and foundations.
- American Red Cross Wristband. Red Cross is the biggest supplier of blood and blood products in the US although it’s a non-government organization and it relies highly on donations. You can contribute to this organization and support their programs by purchasing the red wristband that represents them.
- Tsunami Relief Wristband. These wristbands come in the color of aqua blue and are used to collect financial assistance for tsunami relief programs and victims. These wristbands promote global awareness and bear the slogan “One World One Cause”.
- Livefree. Smokefree. Wristbands. These orange wristbands promote anti-smoking campaigns and foundations among teens and adults alike. Smoking is one of the major problems that different countries are having a hard time addressing. If you have a friend or a family member who is having a difficulty quitting the smoking addiction, try encouraging them by giving this wristband. This is a good reminder that smoking kills and there are a lot of ways to escape the addiction.
- Purple Paws Wristband. These purple wristbands support the cruelty-free campaign of The Maxfund which is an anti-animal-killing shelter that also houses abused animals. By buying one these wristbands, you’ll be able to support the anti-cruelty campaign to animals while also helping in providing shelters and medicines for them.
- Courage Wristband. This wristband represents hope and courage for people who are suffering from AIDS. This red wristband is also embossed with the red ribbon mark that symbolizes fight against AIDS. Since most young adults are discovered to be the fastest growing population of the HIV infected people, it’s important to support this cause and raise awareness among teens and adults.
- Anti-Racism Wristband. Sponsored by Nike UK, these wristbands come in two bands that battle racial gap and inequality. By having one of these bands, you will be able to show your support and stand for cultural tolerance and equality. This might even encourage other people to sport the band and start changing the rampant racial inequality in different parts of the world.
- Celebrate Hope Wristband. These purple wristbands commemorate people who lost their lives or dear ones to cancer. Together with Relay for a Cause, these wristbands tell people that there is hope after cancer and there are people who are willing to help them.
Most of these charity rubber wristbands can also be acquired online with profits directly going to the charity funds. By having one of these wristbands, anyone can be able to show their support and dedication to different charities and be an instrument for change and improvement.